Taxes & Estates
Tax considerations permeate virtually all transactions, from entity formation to settlement negotiation. The attorneys of the firm are sensitive to the tax implications of the matters in which they are engaged and coordinate with our tax and estate attorneys at all levels to ensure that clients receive the best tax treatment possible.
Our team actively represents individuals and businesses in a variety of tax sensitive transactions. Our experience in handling such matters include the following:
- Structuring business transactions involving limited liability companies, partnerships, and corporations, including Subchapter S corporations.
- Advising non-profit entities regarding issues specific to tax exempt entities.
- Structuring real estate transactions, including like-kind exchange transactions.
- Advising clients about issues relating to charitable gift planning.
- Planning estate and business succession, including advice to minimize the income, gift and estate tax cost.